Meatballs are a go-to in our house any time of year. You can dress them up with different flavors and sauces, use them as a main dish, a side or take them as an appetizer. It’s also a personal favorite because it’s minimal ingredients, minimal time and they freeze well.
In the world of ground beef recipes, this meatball recipe is a triple threat.
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Bake: 1 hour Prep: 15 minutes
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine hamburger, egg and oatmeal in a large bowl.
- Mix with your hands until well blended.
- Form into 1-inch balls. (Pro tip: Invest in a medium sized scoop. #lifechanging)
- Place in a baking dish and cover with your favorite sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour.
To freeze: Place formed balls on a baking sheet and pop in the freezer until hard. Remove and place in freezer-safe bag or container that is labeled. Bake as you would fresh.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf,